Monday, July 9, 2012

Up, up and away

As most people know, cats love to climb up to high places.  Well, this is especially true for the abyssinian, but Emmy takes the word "climbing" to a whole new level.  Instead of jumping over a baby gate like most cats do, Emmy puts her front paws over the top edge while slowly stepping up the lattice part with her back legs until she's on top of it.  Then she jumps down.  She also loves to climb the ladder-back chairs I have around my breakfast table.  The top of the chair is her favorite place to watch me while I'm fixing their breakfast or dinner.  I guess I need to get a picture of that to add, but here she is watching the birds outside through the slats.

Emmy watching the birds

Since abyssinians are such active cats, I invested in a very nice outdoor cat enclosure and set it up with a cat door in my bedroom window so that they could go outside whenever they want.  Well, it didn't take Emmy long before she realized she could climb the walls of the enclosure too.  Here is a picture and short video I took a while back of her climbing it.  I apologize that I filmed this in the wrong direction with my iPhone.  I was still learning at the time. :)

Emmy climbing

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Kelli! These two are so gorgeous and their craziness reminds me of my Finnegan and Lacey. Although mine have calmed down considerably now at 4 years old. I just weighed my giant Main Coon Finney today and he's 16 lbs of muscle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I just love your two crazy kitties as well. I hope to see more of them soon!

    ReplyDelete