Saturday, July 7, 2012

Send in the Clowns!

Before we get into all of the antics, I wanted to tell you a little about each of my girls.  In order to enjoy the stories, pictures, etc., it helps if you understand a bit about each of their personalities, which are almost complete opposites by the way.

I got Emmy when she was six months old in October 2011.  I had picked out the name "Emmy" a few days before I got her, but wanted to make sure it would fit her before I decided on it for sure.  On the way home, Emmy flipped over in her carrier and looked up at me just crying away.  She was such a drama queen that I thought "Emmy" would work out just perfect for her.  Her favorite place to sleep that first week ended up being on the back of the TV in my bedroom as well. :)  Here she is on the first day home:

Emmy - 6 months old
Emmy is a very sweet and silly girl.  She is a bit timid when someone new comes over, but soon warms up and asks to be petted.  She is my love bug and is quite independent.  She often plays with her toys by herself but it also isn't uncommon for her to bring me one of her toys to throw for her from time to time.

I always knew that I wanted to get a second abyssinian because they are such an active breed and I thought would be better off having a companion to chase and play with.  So, my search led me to this little trouble-maker in January 2012.  She was only three months old when she came home and has been a mess from the start.  This little girl is into everything.  She is worse than my lab puppy ever was and will eat anything she can get her little paws on.  This time, I decided upon the name Allie before I got her.  I just think it's such a pretty name, but it soon turned to Allie-gator for this little monster.  She keeps me laughing all day and night and I wouldn't have her any other way.  Here she is during her first week home:

Allie - 3 months old
Allie is my little shadow.  If I open a door, she runs through it whether that be into another room, the refrigerator or one of my kitchen cabinets.  She is very dependent on me and cries until I make her toys move or get her more food.  She isn't afraid of anything and greets everyone that comes through the front door right away.  Although she is my trouble-maker, she is very much a sweetheart as well, but right now her priorities are toys and eating.  I call her my little piggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment